+44 20 7468 2672
- Security Trustee's duties to mezzanine lenders examined in non-consensual restructuring
- Differences between actions for unfair harm and misfeasance against administrators
- MF Global UK Update - client money hindsight principle rejected
- Lehman Brothers International (Europe) ("LBIE") Update - Extended Liens Judgment
- MF Global UK Update - Special Administrators successful in RTM application
- MF Global UK Update - 18 September 2012
- Lehman Brothers International (Europe) ("LBIE") First Interim Dividend and LBI Pending Trades CDDs
- Lehman Brothers International (Europe) ("LBIE") Client Money Update
- MF Global UK Update - 15 June 2012
- Lehman Brothers International (Europe) ("LBIE") Update - May 2012
- Lehman Brothers International (Europe) ("LBIE") Update - April 2012
Robin graduated from Edinburgh University in 1987 with an Honours degree in Politics and History. He trained at Mills & Reeve and qualified in 1991. Robin was a senior associate at Simmons & Simmons before joining Davenport Lyons as a partner in 2012.
Robin’s practice focuses on insolvency and restructuring, He has wide experience of both non-contentious and contentious insolvency matters, with an emphasis on financial markets work and distressed debt. In 2010/11, Robin was seconded to Morgan Stanley to advise their distressed debt desk on Lehman Brothers and other debts.
He has worked for administrators, administrative receivers and fixed charge receivers appointed in respect of numerous companies. This has involved business and property sales and he also has experience of contentious insolvency, including investigating directors for mortgage fraud. His experience extends to advising investment banks and funds in relation to structuring security arrangements, debt capital market transactions and restructuring scenarios.
Recent experience includes:
- Negotiating distressed debt claims for hedge funds and other financial institutions.
- Acting for NAMA of Ireland on a major non-performing loan portfolio sale.
- Advising an investment bank on restructuring options concerning a UK listed company.
- Advising a major bank on enforcement and restructuring options for a group of property companies.
- Advising administrators of a number of associated companies, including investigations into conduct of directors.
- Advising administrators of a care home group.
- Advising fixed charge receivers of property development companies.
- Drafting a cross-product netting agreement for a bank across 10 jurisdictions.
Robin's speaking engagements have included courses on liquidation for R3 and a LexisNexis webinar on UNCITRAL Model Law on Insolvency.
He has also contributed articles on insolvency law to Recovery magazine, Banker's Law, Sweet & Maxwell’s Company Law Newsletter, Insolvency Law & Practice and the Journal of International Banking Law and Regulation.
He is a member of R3 and the ILA.
Outside work, Robin likes to spend time with his family and, when he has the chance, enjoys football, running, golf and painting.