It is our policy that, wherever possible, our activities will be undertaken with due regard to the protection of the environment and the best use of natural resources. We will endeavour to improve the Firm’s consumption of fuel and material resources by reviewing and improving our purchasing and operating practices. A number of paper recycling bins are located around the offices and employees are asked to make every effort to use these facilities for office waste.
We will also try to co-operate fully with any initiative implemented by a Local Authority or similar body in order to promote and maintain the local environment.
Our key areas of focus include:
- Energy efficient office lighting, controlled by motion sensors.
- The utilization of individual energy-efficient air conditioning and heating devices.
- Encouragement of staff to only print documents, which are absolutely necessary.
- Encouragement to staff to ensure computer equipment is switched off before leaving the office.
- Recycling facilities in all offices including confidential paper waste, cardboard, glass and plastic.
- Recycling of all printer, fax, copier toner cartridges and any unwanted personal mobile telephones.
- Correct recycling of all electrical and electronic waste in compliance with the EU directive.
- The provision of crockery and cutlery to minimise the use of disposable items.
- A provision in place to enable staff to cycle to and from work and store their bicycles nearby through an arrangement with a local NCP.
- Providing fairtrade tea and coffee to clients and staff.
This is not an exhaustive list, but one that is assessed on a regular basis.