Family & Children
The department is fully aware of the impact that a marriage/relationship breakdown can have and adopts a sensitive and understanding approach in dealing with all procedural and negotiation matters.
All efforts are made to avoid contested hearings but if the Court has to be called upon to adjudicate, then we ensure that proceedings are carried out in a constructive manner to avoid permanent disharmony between the parties involved.
With that in mind, the matrimonial team offer a variety of dispute resolution models from which clients can select a process which best suits their particular circumstances. These include:-
- Alternative Dispute Resolution - Mediation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution - Collaborative Law
- Court Application & Proceedings
The department has extensive experience in the following areas:
- Custody and Contact Disputes concerning Children
- Judicial Separation
- Financial Settlements including pension sharing, family companies and complex offshore tax structures
- International Child Abduction
- Pre-nuptial Agreements
- Civil Partnerships
- Cohabitation Law & Agreements
What others say about the team