Intellectual Property rights are valuable and key assets for businesses and creative individuals in today’s competitive global marketplace.
At Davenport Lyons we understand the economic and strategic value of these rights, allowing us to work with our clients to ensure their successful development, exploitation and protection. Davenport Lyons is renowned for acting for clients at the forefront of rights exploitation and protection across the business spectrum. Sector expertise includes publishing, film, music, sport, art, retail and fashion, advertising, life sciences, medical research, gaming and software development and covers the spectrum of digital business. Our in depth knowledge and experience of these industries means we add value and are at the vanguard of advising on new issues affecting these sectors. Our real understanding of rights issues allows us to give clear, strategic and cost effective commercial advice.
Davenport Lyons is ideally placed to advise and guide clients through these turbulent times. From across our departments we have lawyers who will work with you to take advantage of these new opportunities.
We pride ourselves in working with our clients as a team to drive their businesses forward.
How we can help:
Working as part of a broad spectrum of business and media lawyers, our Intellectual Property specialists provide a full range of legal services. In particular we can provide advice on the following legal issues and industry sectors:
- Anti-Counterfeiting and Brands
- Commercial Contracts, Due Diligence and Intellectual Property Licences
- Digital Rights
- Film & TV
- Information Technology, E-Commerce and Interactive Entertainment
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Trade Mark Advice and Portfolio Management
- Trade Secrets and Confidential Information
Intellectual Property Articles
- Genuine Use of a Community Trade Mark
- Franchising Trends - key issues to consider when establishing a franchise business
- Negative comments on Facebook: to delete or not to delete, that is the question?
- Davenport Lyons Appoints New Partner
- Election 2010: Party Policies on Rights and the Media
- The Tale of Two Trousers
- Advocate General says that Google Adwords system does not infringe trade mark rights
- Pushing the Boundaries of Registration: Trade Marks for Shopping Centre Services
- A Sparkly Challenge to Barclaycard
- Three’s Company - Three new partners join Davenport Lyons
- Westminster Buys Copyright to Street Signs
What others say about the team