Intellectual Property Litigation
Our intellectual property litigators have acted on the full spectrum of intellectual property disputes including copyright, trade mark, passing off, domain name, registered and unregistered design rights, privacy, data protection, contractual and audit disputes. They are experienced in High Court, Copyright Tribunal and Alternative Dispute Resolution procedures. They have acted for individuals and businesses including national newspapers, book publishers, music publishers, authors, artists, film production companies, record companies, manufacturers, fashion designers and photographers.
The Contentious IP team offers a complete service in all aspects of IP protection and the resolution of IP rights-related disputes including:
- IP Rights-based contractual disputes
- Copyright infringement
- Registered and Unregistered Design Rights
- Trade mark infringement and passing off actions
- Domain names and online disputes
In addition to our extensive expertise in litigating IP disputes before the courts at all levels, we recognise the role of alternative dispute resolution procedures and are well placed to advise in relation to arbitration, mediation and other settlement negotiations.
Our extensive anti-counterfeiting practice specifically acknowledges the importance of policing and monitoring online market places and preventing the importation of infringing goods or materials into the jurisdiction.
Our Trade Marks team provides a full service for the registration of UK registered trade marks and Community Trade Marks, and also liaises with trade mark associates worldwide.
Intellectual Property Litigation Articles
- Three’s Company - Three new partners join Davenport Lyons
- Westminster Buys Copyright to Street Signs
- Conference: Anti-Counterfeiting & Brand Protection
- Parallel Importing in Australia a “Grey” Area
- Landmark Irish Judgment on Look-alikes
- "Mmmmmmm, Donuts… the difficulties of successful brand translation in a global market"
What others say about the team